Thanks to the overwhelming support from our wonderful community, our 2021 CSA season is now sold out, but you can still stay involved with the Homeless Garden Project Farm!
- Sign up to be on our CSA waiting list here in the event that openings become available this season!
- Come visit our farm stand, which is open Tuesday-Sunday, 10am-4pm for fresh produce, including our popular U-pick strawberry patch!
- Sign up to volunteer on the farm here!
- Stay in the loop!
Invest in your community, the environment, and your local food system and receive a weekly basket of Certified Organic produce grown by our trainees, volunteers, and staff at the Homeless Garden Project's Natural Bridges Farm. The 2021 CSA harvest season runs 23-weeks from May 21st through October 22nd with an optional 4-week extension from October 29th through November 19th.
Your membership in Homeless Garden Project's CSA supports our job training, transitional employment and support services for people experiencing homelessness.
What is a CSA Share?
Homeless Garden Project’s CSA was the first in Santa Cruz county! CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture and is an economical way to source local, organic vegetables. It serves as a means for community members to become more invested in where and how your food is grown and establish a closer, direct connection with the farmer and the farm that produces their food.
With your share, you’ll receive: A more intimate involvement in the Homeless Garden Project Community • Weekly box of fresh, certified Organic produce, strawberries, herbs and bouquet of flowers • A weekly newsletter with recipes and suggestions for using the produce • Farm and program updates • Promotions on produce, surplus, and value-added products
Share OptionsWe offer 2 share options: Pick-Up and U-Pick!
- Pick-Up: Have your produce harvested and ready for pick up! Members pick up their produce on Fridays between 2:30 - 6:00 PM at our Natural Bridges Farm. Our base Pick-Up CSA Share season rate is: $700 ($650 Early Bird pricing until April 1st!)
- U-Pick: Enjoy this fun alternative to save some money and get your hands dirty each week by harvesting your own veggies! U-Pick members harvest on Fridays from 2:30 - 6:00 PM, or Saturdays from 10 AM - 3 PM. Our base U-Pick CSA Share season rate is: $525 ($475 Early Bird pricing until April 1st!)
Members can sign up for an optional 4-week extension from October 29th through November 19th for $120. All extension shares will be pick-up, not U-Pick, on Fridays between 2:30PM - 6:00 PM.
Back by popular demand, we are excited to continue our value-added offering! Participating members will receive one of HGP's delicious, organic food products every other week during the regular season, including jams & jellies, seasonings, and baking mixes -- 12 products in total for $120. Check out the types of products that will be included HERE.
Ensuring Organic Produce is Accessible to All
Making sure our fresh, organic produce is accessible to everyone in our community is a priority. Accordingly, we offer alternative payment plans for our CSA Shares. We are excited to now be accepting payment by EBT, as well as offer a 3-installment payment plan.
CSA Scholarship Fund: Feed 2 Birds
- Contribute to HGP's Feed 2 Birds Initiative that distributes shares to agencies working with people who may not have access to locally grown, organic produce and can most benefit from it.